DEI: Uncovering Biases, Embracing Differences, and Appreciating Commonalities™ is a 2-hour program designed to increase cultural competency. This program introduces students to important DEI vocabulary and helps them understand race, privilege, and oppression. Students will explore what it means to celebrate all kinds of diversity and how to take action and be accountable. Lastly, they will learn about the role that Mindfulness, Empathy, and Nonviolent Communication plays in supporting greater DEI among individuals and society.
3+ Instructive Experiential
Exercises & Practices
1 End of Program Assessment
Certificate of Completion
Program Content by Module
Module 1: An Introduction to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
1. Building Your Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Vocabulary.
2. Neurobiology of Bias: We All Have Biases.
3. Understanding Race, Privilege, and Oppression Part 1.
4. Understanding Race, Privilege, and Oppression Part 2.
Module 2: Creating a More Just and Inclusive World
5. How Empathy Supports Greater Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Individuals.
6. Mirroring, Empathy, and Nonviolent Communication Part 1.
7. Nonviolent Communication Part 2.
8. Celebrating All Kinds of Diversity, Respecting Others and Creating Allyship.
9. Taking Action and Being Accountable.
Accessible Design (ADA Compliance), Administrative View for Learner Analytics, All-In-One Calendar, Collaborative Tools and Activities, Completion Reports and Evaluations, Convenient File Management, Detailed Reporting and Logs, Embedded External Resources, Group Management, Modern, Easy To Use Interface, Multimedia Integration, Notifications, Personalized Dashboard, Responsive Design, Secure Authentication, Security and Privacy, Simple and Intuitive Text Editor, Track Progress.
Instructor-Led Wellness Curriculum
For institutions interested in facilitating discussions with their students on the topics covered in the DEI: Uncovering Biases, Embracing Differences, and Appreciating Commonalities™ program, a comprehensive Instructor-Led Wellness Curriculum can be provided for an additional fee. Our Instructor-Led Wellness Curriculum requires no previous content experience and is designed to guide instructors through activities, prompts, discussion questions, and guidance on encouraging interaction amongst students for maximum retention of program material and fostering a sense of community.